PBS - Burt Bacharach's Best

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

PBS - Burt Bacharach's Best

Post by ron hertel »

Watched the PBS program last night. It was simply a series of performance segments taken from television specials plus the 1985 "That's What Friends Are For" video. Most were high quality with good sound. In addition to Burt - performers included Dionne, Chuck Jackson, Dusty Springfield, Herb Alpert, Karen & Richard Carpenter, Tom Jones, B.J. Thomas and The Fifth Dimension (Marilyn McCoo). ........... Dionne's performances dominated the program - especially her flawless performance of "Alfie". ....... Robert Wagner hosted with very brief introductions. ....... Although many are available on youTube - this was worth watching!
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: PBS - Burt Bacharach's Best

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I was very surprised at all the kind things that B J Thomas said about Burt. I thought, based on stuff I read right here on this site, that B J Thomas did NOT like recording with Burt. You'd never know it from the words he spoke on this special.

Anyone?