"After All"

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

"After All"

Post by blueonblue »

Rare Burt Bacharach / Panl Anka recording.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hva1tTdxHO4

"blue"
blueonblue

Re: "After All"

Post by blueonblue »

And here's another.
..............buried treasures !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3qbvkPwwk

"blue"
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

"blue"

Not difficult to imagine how Dionne would have interpreted these 2 songs. ...... Lots of "buried Bacharach treasures"

Thanks for posting these links!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

You're very welcome Ron,
I would love to hear someone like John Pagano interpret these songs.

"blue"
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Ron, there's a duet between Paul and Dionne entitled "You And I" from his Polydor Import album "Somebody Loves You" circa 1995 that's simply dazzling! I don't remember who composed it but it sounds strikingly remeniscent of Burt's style. I have tried to find it but to no avail. They also duet on Bread's "If" but it doesn't appear on that same album and it's not as impressive as "You And I".
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

"blue"

John is a great interpreter of Bacharach. Check out his Australian interview on "youTube" where he describes how Burt personally contacted him about touring with him. I look forward to his annual appearance here with Burt and the San Diego Symphony Orchestra every August. ........... He may wish to consider putting together a recording project consisting of "lesser known" and "unknown" Bacharach GEMS - realizing what a difficult challenge that would be given the present state of the recording business. With Burt's support it could become a reality! ........ For those unable to attend Burt's relatively rare concert appearances - I would highly recommend the 32 track CD entitled "Burt Bacharach with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra" recorded at the Sydney Opera House in 2008. ......... we all should have a copy of this! ... (recorded on the "Verve" label - a Universal Music Company)

ron
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Ron, I stupidly passed on this live album when it was issued and all my subsequent efforts to find it turned up the same result: the "expanded" version was a limited edition. Only the single disc recording is still available.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Blair: .... I opted for the single disc 32 track version - If I remember correctly there were only a few extra cuts on the "expanded" version. ... I recall it including: "Are You Falling Out Of Love" by Donna Taylor which I saw her perform a couple of times with Burt. ... I'm sure it will eventually show up on one of the music sites!

Bruce: .... My guess re: the Anka/Warwick duet is the song recorded by Shirley Bassey composed by Leslie Bricusse (. .... I'll add that to my "wish list" and when time permits - attempt to track it down. Never ever heard about that recording. .... Interesting to note that Dionne never alludes to these little known recordings or the recordings that have never been released and remain in the "Vaults". ....... Really looking forward to next month's release of those 19 previously unreleased songs from the Warner Brothers years "We Need To Go Back". ........ I'm sure there are a number of others from the Scepter and Arista years. A few have been released as bonus tracks on recent remaster projects.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Forgot to mention that the Anka/Warwick duet "You And I" appears on YouTube--just type in Paul Anka/Dionne Warwick and you're in for a real treat--top notch production!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

blue, After All and Rainbow are such GREAT and DYNAMITE songs! Were those songs written during one of Burt's so-called "fallow" periods? I'm here to tell you that Burt never had a fallow period.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Bruce: ...... Just listened to the Anka/Warwick cut on youTube ......... Loved it! ....... Another little known duet from 1998 by Dionne and Chuck Jackson - "If I Let Myself Go'" .... I recall this being a Billboard Magazine "top single pick" that did not chart. It is featured on Chuck Jackson's 1998 CD entitled "I'll Never Get Over You" ........ Another GEM that's on "youTube" and Chuck's excellent album is available on Amazon.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

One of Paul and Burt's earlier songwriting collaborations for the motion picture "Together ? "(1979)

I'd love to hear Mr John Pagano sing this.

Paul Anka + Burt Bacharach = Magic !

"blue"
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

Here's a stunning duet performance from Paul and Dionne from the early 80s.

"You And I" I believe was written and produced by David Foster.
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

I also always liked the rare 1988 Johnny Mathis/DW duet on "Two Strong Hearts" never issued on a DW album.

ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

The "You and I" link above is NOT the song with the same title by Shirley Bassey and composed by Leslie Bricusse.