San Francisco

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

cjjensen

San Francisco

Post by cjjensen »

Was fortunate enough to attend the Burt Bacharach/San Francisco Symphony concert Saturday the 14th at Davies Hall....a truly impressive show, still thinking about it. This was my 6th time seeing BB in my 50 years with the first being when I was at the age of 11 and this was, by far, the best show I have seen.....yet. What seemed so impressive was how intensely he lead the show, from the entire Symphony to the Singers, his finger was on every movement and breath that was occurring on the stage that evening. One of the highlights of the eve that I, nor many others I am sure, was not expecting was when he donned a Santa hat and sang the entire version of The Bell that wouldn't Jingle.....the other bonus was after a young man came on stage and played keyboard BB announced it was his Son....Oliver....and said it was a pleasure to have his Son with him while traveling.....it was/is very obvious he is one proud Father that loves his Son very much. Once the Concert was over it took him approximelty 10 minutes to leave the stage as he graciously shook each and all of the many hands that reached out to him.....a class act but then again what would one expect from Burt Bacharach.
vincent.cole

Re: San Francisco

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour cjjensen;

Thanks for sharing the joy of the Burt Concert with all of us!
Take care;

Vincent