Looking for The Bell that Couldn't Jingle

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Looking for The Bell that Couldn't Jingle

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I couldn't agree more. It's just one BRILLIANT song -- Christmas or otherwise. And it certainly should be a Christmas standard, for heaven sakes. (By the way, I think Paul Evans' version is the least exciting version I've heard. I can't imagine that Burt orchestrated that version.) At any rate, Burt's version is stupendous and deserves to be played on the radio as much as "Silver Bells" or "Jingle Bells". During the Christmas season, on occasion, I do hear Burt and Hal's "Christmas Day" played. That's another song that should be a Christmas standard. But as a fun song, "The Bell That Couldn't Jingle" is the best of all.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

The boy's are back......again (and again) !

It's time to jingle yer bell's !

"blue"
Andre B

Post by Andre B »

Burt performed it at his concert with the San Francisco symphony this past weekend. He sang it and sounded great.
slim

Post by slim »

I was there for the Saturday performance in SF -- only the second time he played it live. The other time was the night before. I would be forever grateful if I could hear that performance again.
Andre B

Post by Andre B »

Me too - I wish I had surreptitiously video'd it!