Dionne....

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Westgate1

Dionne....

Post by Westgate1 »

I recall a statement from Ultra Lounge: The lexicon of easy listening

a book that published about 10 years ago...with articles from several era's of music...Dionne aritcle "Later in the summer she played a to sell-out crowd in Wollman Rink in Central Park. ( Barry Manilow was her opening act)...Dionne sang her numbers and the audience in bell bottomed slacks and Ben Franklin specs was with her"...'that night in Central Park was when they loved you. And if they said they loved you (and you could sing or box well enough) they would fly you to Rome, Paris or Sydney. "
rasputin

re: Ultra-Lounge liner notes

Post by rasputin »

That's a sweet little review, Westgate. Bell-bottoms and granny glasses... hmmm, that places that concert at about 1968 or -9 ?

I'm glad Dionne's own look never got into the hippy-dippy-trippy. I'm not sure she'd have looked so swell with a Roberta Flack "natural". :lol:

She has always turned herself out so classily... I suppose because she's a dignified Capricorn... :)
Central Texas, USA

Post by Guest »

could mean a "trip to paris or rome..."
name that tune!
Ron

Post by Ron »

"for someone else - but not for me - those TRAINS AND THOSE BOATS AND PLANES - took you away - away from me"