Burt Bacharach, Oscar 2000 suite

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pikespeak

Burt Bacharach, Oscar 2000 suite

Post by pikespeak »

HI,
Does anyone have an MP3 of Burt Bacharach Oscar 2000 suite?

He was one of the musical directors for the Oscars that year.

Cheers

Post by Guest »

Yup, he was the director alright...
His Oscar 2000 theme had some string harmony that was in the mold of "And The People Were With Her"
It was a gas!
kyleburke

Oscars 2000 Suite

Post by kyleburke »

I have an MP3 which I dubbed from VHS. Am always interested in trading out of print (or, in this case, never in print) rarities.
pikespeak

Re: Oscars 2000 Suite

Post by pikespeak »

kyleburke wrote:I have an MP3 which I dubbed from VHS. Am always interested in trading out of print (or, in this case, never in print) rarities.
So what would I have to do to get my hands on it? Lol
Boom Boy

Post by Boom Boy »

I'd also like to get my hands on the Oscar Suite. Have many rarities to trade on mp3 (Together, incidental music from Lost Horizon, Promises demo recordings, Stephanie Mills etc). How does one contact you? Here's my e-mail: jestsetdesignps@aol.com
rasputin

re: Oscars 2000

Post by rasputin »

Is this the show that poor W.H. was banished from?
Central Texas, USA
pikespeak

Re: re: Oscars 2000

Post by pikespeak »

rasputin wrote:Is this the show that poor W.H. was banished from?
Whitney Houston??

Yes... I believe that is the one. Poor thing. I hope she's doing better.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

It sure was. Imagine how bad (f'd up on drugs) she must have been for Burt to have banned her. It had to be really, really bad.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

pikespeak wrote:
Whitney Houston??

Yes... I believe that is the one. Poor thing. I hope she's doing better.
She's not. She was in the news recently. She's back in rehab. They showed her getting into a car and she really looked dreadful. I think the day she hooked up with Bobby Brown was the beginning of the end for her. She had the most wonderful career going for her and now what? It's very, very sad.
rasputin

re: Whitney's plight

Post by rasputin »

I don't know what the drug-of-choice has been for Whitney and Bobby, but I suspect it's cocaine. Hopefully not crack/ice.

I do know that, if you get famous enough, or if you are attractive enough, or socially popular enough, you can get into circles where the coke flows freely...

What I'm saying is, Whitney could get this strung out on the stuff-- and yet not be paying a nickel for it. I suspect there are hangers-on more than happy to give her all the free stuff she can do... )-:
Central Texas, USA
David Noble

Oscars Music

Post by David Noble »

I have a version of the music from the end titles of the telecast encoded in mp3. My version was taken from a hifi VHS recording and lasts about 3 minutes long. About 24 seconds into it - there is a discontinuity - probably due to the telecast being edited when broadcast here in Australia. Contact me at dnoble@ozemail.com.au if you want a copy (in the next few days please). The file is about 2.8MB.

Dave
pikespeak

MP3 Oscars 2000

Post by pikespeak »

Thanks to Dave!!!

Here is a link:

It's about 3:05 and it's in MP3 format--enjoy!

Cheers!

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZUG ... BJF7OEACOC