Okay, let`s give this cage a little shake

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Okay, let`s give this cage a little shake

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

More of you than you think will enjoy this, especially if you like Baroque/ counterpoint...or "South American Getaway."

Hey, I`m just trying to alleviate the boredom here.
nowmedical

Re: Okay, let`s give this cage a little shake

Post by nowmedical »

Quite unpleasant.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:More of you than you think will enjoy this, especially if you like Baroque/ counterpoint...or "South American Getaway."

Hey, I`m just trying to alleviate the boredom here.
This explains why you like Cecil Taylor. Just sayin'.

I just came from the other thread where Martin Johnson posted this link:

Now this is pure genius -- genius from Dionne, Burt and Hal. It doesn't get better than this. I'm going to listen to it again as an antidote to what I heard here.
Blair N. Cummings

Jeez, guys! ReallY?
How about this?
Blair N. Cummings

Hey, Enormous - Did you check this out? http://www.wbgo.org/internal/mediaplaye ... type=radar
I`d recommend doing it by tomorrow night but I really don`t know when it will be pulled.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:Hey, Enormous - Did you check this out? http://www.wbgo.org/internal/mediaplaye ... type=radar
I`d recommend doing it by tomorrow night but I really don`t know when it will be pulled.
Thanks, Blair, I listened to some of it. And I do like Chick Corea. I happen to love jazz piano and Corea is a terrific jazz pianist. However, I do appreciate hearing a great melody in the playing versus even great be-bopping around chord changes.
Blair N. Cummings

I understand your point, Enormous. I`m an addict to melody, myself.
The thing is that other forms of music can satisfy other parts of your music palate. You don`t eat salmon when you`re in the mood for chili.
Not to be didactic, but you can develop a taste for other sounds as you can for other painters and writers. You have to open up. This was part of what I took from my formative years during the "counter-culture." The more you "get", the more you can enjoy.
Just sayin`.
Blair N. Cummings

While we`re all waiting for Burt - and, most likely, will be wating for a long time - here`s the new song from Leonard Cohen`s album, Popular Problems, out in just over a week.
Yes, it`s dark and ironic. Don`t waste your time telling me that this is why I appreciate Cecil Taylor (lol).