"Loneliness remembers..." made my day

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

helcio mazzuco

"Loneliness remembers..." made my day

Post by helcio mazzuco »

Hello to all Burt's fans all over the galaxy...
I know it's going to sound a little "deja vu" here but that guy LobsterJesus and YouTube have become a source of great time regarding Burt, Dionne, Hal and everything or everybody related to them.
Just yesterday, I watched a video with Burt and Dionne rehearsing "Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets" and I got as happy as a kid on Christmas Eve.
Well, I hope you all have a chance to check out YouTube.com and have a good time :wink:
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Here's the link:

In my opinion, this video may be the greatest Burt/Dionne video of them all. Who wouldn't want to be at a session like this one, where Burt is going over a new song with Dionne and you get to see this process with just Burt at the piano directing Dionne and going over the fine points of the song? And Burt's genius is so apparent here as well. It is thrilling to behold.

And God bless lobsterjesus, whoever he is, for making these great videos available on youtube.com. What a great service he is providing for all of us who are fans of Burt, Hal and Dionne.
vincent.cole

Reply to: An Enormous BB Fan

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour An Enormous BB Fan;

That 1970 Kraft Music Special in my judgment was by far, Burt's Greatest!

Hey, since Lobsterjesus is on a roll, why not put on, the end of the special. "Burt Bacharach Plays Burt Bacharach". Especially the segment on, 'Reach Out!!!' Notice Burt's hands on the piano! 8)

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Steve Schenck

"Loneliness Remembers..."

Post by Steve Schenck »

Wow! What a find! I had heard of this song, but never HEARD the song. And this terrific clip of Burt and Dionne rehearsing is just so revealing. Thanks God for the inclusion of the "end product" at the end with the orchestra and extra voices. What a wonderful construction of lyric and melody, and what a revealing insight into how composer and performer take the raw material and make it a work of art. Genius again!
Tom1234

Good Stuff

Post by Tom1234 »

That is great stuff. Dionne was pretty attractive back then.
To bad some of the old TV specials are not on DVD.
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

I, like a lot of us on this forum, am in total awe of this video clip, and all who I have forwarded this clip to (including those who are not specifically fans of the Maestro) are also similarly blown away. I have played this song from sheet music but have never heard it performed. I agree, this is a little staged, but no one can deny the chemistry between the Maestro and Dionne, who I agree is gorgeous. I have viewed this clip many times over the last few days....Never having seen the special that it is excerpted (spelled correctly???) from, I am dying to see the entire show! Does anyone know how this is possible? Where is this guy getting these clips from?
KeithBurke

Comparison

Post by KeithBurke »

Alvina

Loneliness Remembers

Post by Alvina »

Hey guys,
Yes, I adore this video, which by the way was the time I totally fell under the "Burt" spell. I had purchased my first album in 1969 as I have stated here before for my dad thinking Hummmmmm Burt Bacharach.......Dad likes instrumental music. I listened to that "Reach Out" album and my father never got that one lol. In any case it was love at first listen and not too long after these wonderful specials began airing and I have always said I would almost trade my first born for copies. A few years back some were available. I doubt it was entirely legal but hey, If I must go to the slammer what better reason Ha!. If anyone says he's old yada yada, I just whip out the DVD'S and shut them right up. He, as well as Dionne were nothing short of gorgeous and the chemistry was undeniable. I did see some of that same chemistry between him and Barbra Striesand as well and I just melt. No matter how old he gets as we all do, I will always see that face the same way and his spirit is even better than ever now. Thanks for bringing up that song. It should have been a huge hit.
Take care all and hope you see some shows soon. As for me I think it will be next year unless some miracle happens.
Suzklau

Post by Suzklau »

That was absolutely wonderful! How handsome he was - ooh! Thank you for posting this!! It is so good to see him at work like that.

Cheers
Susan