At This Time (again)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

SEM

At This Time (again)

Post by SEM »

Does anyone reading this have a particular favorite song from At This Time? As I stated earlier (like when the album came out), Always Taking Aim is the best for me. Just sounds like the soundtrack of my life. The song lets me drift off in my own world and brings me back down to reality with Burt's few - and oh so beautiful -lyrics. Fantastic! I honestly cry at the end of the song. Every single time.

Also, for those of you who have attended his recent shows, what songs from ATT are played?

Thanks for your input.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Hello,
4 songs: "Where Did It Go?", "Go Ask Shakespeare" (sung by John Pagano), "Who Are These People?", and "Always Taking Aim."

Bye
Ciao
Roberto
mario serra

At This Time favourites.

Post by mario serra »

My personal pics are:Please Explain, Who are these people, Go ask Shakespeare,Always taking aim: songs.
Instrumental:In our time,2OO6 Grammy winner. Danger.
Thank you all.Till my next post All the best.
Mario Serra
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

My vote has to go for "Danger". I think it's one of the most original (even for Burt!) and brilliant compositions I've heard in a long time. There's no end (thank God!) to Burt's creativity, inspiration and musical genius. This whole CD is brilliant and I continue to listen to it all the time.
Tom1234

Nice surprise

Post by Tom1234 »

My favorites are Where Did It Go love hearing all the orchestration
going on , and Please Explain.
In fact I sometimes have trouble getting to the rest of CD, I keep hitting repeat for these songs. Can't Give It up very catchy and and interesting how he turn this into a full song after using it as an intro for Ron Isley singing The Look of Love on his Here I Am CD. Wonder what came first
a full song or just the intro???
Who Are These People another song I like, but would enjoy it even more without Elvis Costello. I am sure he is a talented guy, but his singing
hmmm.