Austin Tonight should be good.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

Austin Tonight should be good.

Post by someonenameddavid »

Elizabeth will be playing violin....
It's really something that when she doesn't play, they need a whole orchestra to replace her......

:wink:

Best wishes to Burt and all who see him
Break a leg

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
vincent.cole

Reply: David

Post by vincent.cole »

:D David;

Have a great time!

P.S Don't forget a post for the forum!
Take care;

Vincent
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

It's killing me to miss both the Austin and the Houston shows. Houston is only a five hour drive from here so I was hoping we could make it for Saturday night's show, but the timing just didn't work out in the end. Oh well. Next time, I suppose.
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

Hey Guys! I am so excited, I am going to be at each Houston concert....anyone else going?

Cheers,
MissYvonne
gejopari

Bacharach in Austin

Post by gejopari »

I just got back from seeing Burt in Austin at the Paramount. What an EXTRAORDINARY evening. One of the most emotional evenings I have ever spent. The man is a legend, and I would not have missed this show for the world. His version of "The Windows of the World" was one of the most moving moments I have ever experienced in music.

--Rich
guitarzantx

Agreed...

Post by guitarzantx »

The Austin show at the Paramount was incredible. If you haven't purchased the new album, go out and get it. The electronic drum beats on some of the tunes put me off at first, but the writing is great.

The band was small but very talented, trumpet, sax, violin, two keyboard players and three vocalists. Everyone carried their weight and there were some great moments with both the vocal and instrumental soloists.

The thing that struck me the most was Burt's incredible sincerity. He obviously cares a great deal about presenting his music in the best possible way, and even more about what is going on in our nation at this time.

If you get a chance to see him on this tour, don't miss it.

Mike
mario serra

The Joys of a justley proud father.

Post by mario serra »

I understand fully David's pride for his daughter's (Eliza James) talent.
I've seen her in action,last july, at the maestro's concert in Forlì.She really is a very talented violinist.she is also a charming lady from what I figured out.David,my friend, could you ask Eliza to post something on this Forum about her work with Burt?
Take care 8)
Thank you all.Till my next post All the best.
Mario Serra