Burt's Sunday concert

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

rein53

Burt's Sunday concert

Post by rein53 »

Vince and BB4life, you are so lucky to have met Burt. I was at his Sunday afternoon concert. We had great seats. Dress circle left -front row seats. I have very limited eyesight, so I was able to use my binoculars without anyone in front of me. The concert was everything I thought it would be. The last time I saw Burt was 2 nights before he had his shoulder accident. He was with his group at our local college (Westminster College) in New Wilmington, PA.. Sunday, after the concert, I stood inside the stage door, but I missed him. 4 Women came out and I asked if they had met Burt, and they said yes, and hadn't I been able to go backstage. One lovely woman said she was Burt's mother- in- law and that He was coming to her house for Thanksgiving. She wanted to know how far I had come to see the concert (2 hrs.). She said to give her my address and she would give it to him. With that I was so overwhelmed, I started to cry. She asked if I would like pictures of the grandchildren. She also went to security to see if he usually came out that door. Security said they thought he had already left because his limo was gone. I also was privileged to meet Donna, one of the singers, and his stage manager. They both said he was a wonderful person with which to work. Donna was really nice and talked to me for about 5 minutes. She said they were staying at the Hilton, and that Burt had walked back to the hotel one night. Can you imagine seeing him on the street? It was a wonderful afternoon. My husband will not drive into Pittsburgh to see the Steelers, but he took me to see MR. BACHARACH.

P.S to Vincent: I wish we could have met Saturday night. HOW was Dionne? That had to be the ultimate weekend for you. I have seen Dionne with our Local symphony. She was also great. We had front row stage seats that night. I got to talk to her from the stage because I have a friend that lives in Brazil and she wanted to know what city.

LYNN (rein 53)
vincent.cole

Reply: rein53

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour rein53;

I am sorry that you didn't meet Burt after the concert. :(

But I am glad that you enjoyed the show! Yes it would have been great to meet you also Lynn!

Dionne at Lincoln Center on Sunday, November 19, 2006 was just great! It was truly a great weekend for my wife and I! It may even get better next year!

I will add a post about her show later on in the week.
Take care;

Vincent
steveo_1965

TY Rein

Post by steveo_1965 »

Rein,
What a great story..thanks for posting it!

Also, bonjour to Vincent !

Steveo
BB4LIFE

Rein53

Post by BB4LIFE »

Rein53,

Hey there :D I am also sorry you did not got to meet Burt. Hopefully Burt's mother-in-law came through and gave Burt your address. After meeting him and hearing such nice stories about him from Vincent, I wouldn't be surprised if you receive something special from him. I hope you do. Thanks for letting us hear about your night. Glad you enjoyed the show. Take care :)

BB4LIFE
vincent.cole

Reply: Steveo_1965

Post by vincent.cole »

:D And a Bonjour to you Steveo_1965!

I assume since you probably are on the West Coast. Will you be attending the February 25, 2007 Burt Concert in, Los Angeles!? 8)
Take care;

Vincent