New Music/Old Friend

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

KeithBurke

New Music/Old Friend

Post by KeithBurke »

This item was found on the myspace blog of guitarist Ted Perlman:

"New Music From An Old Friend"
In February of 2007 a new CD is coming out that Ted worked on - "New Music From An Old Friend". Ted played the guitar solo on one of the Brian Wilson tracks - "What Love Can Do", and co-produced "Still Remember" with Burt Bacharach. Music business genius and legend Phil Ramone served as the co-producer and executive producer of the CD.
cc

Post by cc »

Wow!!! Phil Ramone and Burt toghether again.
KeithBurke

Post by KeithBurke »

Phil the Sony rep stopped by a few days ago with a trunk full of promo copies to see if I wanted any of them, not surprising, nothing interested me. It was mostly all hip-hop.

He did acknowledge the new Burt and that it is on indefinite delay pending word from Burt when it is to be released. So the album does exist and hopefully will be released someday. It may be awhile with Nikki's passing. No definite date has been set but he suspects the album is pressed and sitting in a warehouse somewhere in L. A. or Indianapolis.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I'm confused.

Is "New Music From an Old Friend" a Burt Bacharach solo album or is Burt merely a guest on Perlman's or Wilson's (or Ramone's) album?

I assumed Burt was just a special guest but from what you say, Keith, it sounds like this is his album.
KeithBurke

Post by KeithBurke »

Mark-
I have to admit I am a tad confused, as well. There have been some reports on the CD which would indicate it is a collaborative effort and then others which would indicate it is a full blown Burt CD. From the title (New Music From An Old Friend) I’m assuming it is a Burt CD or it would have been called New Music From Some Old Friends. The tag on the Today Show interview said it was a CD of new music from Burt Bacharach (no mention of others) but the Today Show also said it was a February release (doesn’t look like that is going to happen). It might be a CD a la Futures (lots of guest appearances).
My buddy (the Sony rep) said the next time he was in L.A. he was going to do some digging. If I find out any more, I’ll be sure to update the information.
Best regards,

-K-