Mike Patton working with Burt Bacharach???

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Cav

Mike Patton working with Burt Bacharach???

Post by Cav »

I will try and keep this short and sweet.

Me and my friends were talking about music last night and the conversation turned to "If you had to abillity to team up one singer and one songwriter, who would it be?"

My choice was to team up Burt Bacharach and Mike Patton. Mike is the former lead singer with Faith no More is almost impossible to describe due to his many different musical projects which span different genres.

Obviously i doon't mean any disrespect to Burt, Burt has made some of the best, catchiest, innovative memorable music ever but i would love if these two teamed up. I think they would complement each other perfectly.
Patton's voice and vocal range combined with his never ending musical creative drive would be ideal for Burt's amazing songwriting.
I am trying not to sound like i am kissing anybodies a$$ here, but does anybody else think this sounds a good idea ?
Does anybody that knows Burt think he would be receptive to the idea of working with Mike?
Mike has stated in interviews that he would love to work with Burt.

For those that don't know who Mike is, i have uploaded a song here.
Its called "the air condioned nightmare" and its done by his band called MR Bungle from the album called "California' Click the link below

www.sendspace.com/file/zxay6t

Also this is Mike singing "this guys in love with you" from when his faith no more days.

This was done recently, here he is as part of his band "Peeping Tom" doing a cover of "Across 110th street

Mike Patton wiki bio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Patton