New Album:Trijntje Oosterhuis With Burt Bacharach

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

New Album:Trijntje Oosterhuis With Burt Bacharach

Post by Marcel »

At the moment a dutch female singer named Trijntje Oosterhuis is (on rehearsal) working with the Metropole Orchestra ( The same which will be on tour with Elvis Costello later this year) to start a cristmas tour by the end of the year!
In a small interview she says that when she was a young girl she was already a great fan of the Maestro.
She is lookin`forward to do numbers like Thats What friends are for and I say a little prayer.

Kind Regards Marcel :D :D :D
Last edited by Marcel on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Marcel

Project

Post by Marcel »

Yesterday on the dutch tv-broadcast there was announced that Trijntje Oosterhuis will record for Blue Note an album called the Look of Love (release at 20th November) together with the Metropole Orchestra and with Burt Bacharach on the piano!
As i wrote before Trijntje will also do a Christmas tour with the metrople orchestra and doing songs from the album.
So fingers crossed for the release!

Kind Regards Marcel :D
KeithBurke

Post by KeithBurke »

M-
Thanks for the head's up on what is possibly the best Bacharach cover CD ever. Having not been familiar with Ms. Oosterhuis' work prior I have to admit I reluctantly ordered this one from amazon.com.
Besides the seldom heard Falling Out Of Love and the updated Waiting For Charlie (To Come Home) she tackles some of the better known standards with a freshness seldom heard on Bacharach standard CDs. And her reading of This House Is Empty Now is nothing short of a miracle.
Again, many thanks for the head's up on this one which otherwise might have slipped under the radar. Ain't The Forum just grand?
K-
blueonblue

NWE ALBUM TRINJNTJE OOSTERHUIS

Post by blueonblue »

Hi marcel and Keith,
This lady can really sing..................."Waiting For Charlie" and
"This House Is Empty Now" are two of the "GREATEST" versions
I've ever heard !!!

"Blue"
Marcel

concert

Post by Marcel »

Hi to you all,
Last Saterday i was at the concert of Trijntje with the Metropole ordchestra in Haarlem (this is about 15 min drive from Amsterdam)
the concert was sold out and the songs that she did were great!

Marcel

concert registration

Post by Marcel »

Today at the Dutch Broadcast Tv there will be a live concert registration of Trijntje with Metropole orchestra doing the songs by BURT (the MAESTRO)!
This concert was taken place in Utrecht in November last month.
There was also the presentation of her album The Look Of Love!
(the album was already platinum in the pre-sale) and it is still at no 1 in the Netherlands for a few weeks now!
And there was also satellite connection with Burt also!
So my video is already stand by now!