Burt on the Grammys

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Andre B

Burt on the Grammys

Post by Andre B »

Burt supposedly made an appearance at the Grammys last night. I stopped watching the show after a few minutes -- terrible production. But I would have stuck with it or recorded it if I had known he would be on.

Did anyone see it? Why was there no 'heads-up' here on the site???
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

A fit and healthy-looking Burt appeared early on in the second hour of the show, in conjunction with an award being given to Herb Alpert & Jerry Moss, as well as to present Song of the Year (I believe alongside Seal).
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I happened to catch it, too.

Burt looked healthy and in good spirits. He was wearing what looked like shaded prescription glasses, probably to help with reading the cue cards.

As NYMusicalsGuy said, Burt and Seal announced an honorary award for Jerry Moss and Herb Alpert, who Burt mentioned were friends, and then Burt read the nominees for pop songwriting, if I'm not mistaken. (The award went to a Dixie Chicks song.) He ended by asking Seal if there was any chance they could write a song together one day, to which Seal enthusiastically responded that he'd like that.
Tom1234

Awards

Post by Tom1234 »

When is Burt going to be getting all these Honorary awards in the USA?
Seems like he has to travel to Europe and England to be honored.
He should be getting every honorary award that is out there in the USA.

Tom

PS
Dixie chicks multiple grammys give me a break.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I saw it and I saw Burt and I was thrilled to see him... he looked good, that's for sure. And you could see the adulation that Seal had for him, when Burt said they should write a song together. His attitude was like, "Wow! Are you kidding, of course I would!!" I think Seal has written some great songs and I can see he knows his craft. So, obviously, he would have had to have admired what Burt has done all these years. I'll never forget hearing Elvis Costello say, "Now I see how it's done" -- referring to how a song is written as shown to him by Burt in their collaborations.

Oh yes! You are so right about it being time that Burt gets honored more here in this country. The Kennedy Center Awards would be a good first start (as mentioned here many times)! His omission is glaring! And a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award should be awarded him soon, too.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

post no longer exists
gabba

pic

Post by gabba »

gabba

pic

Post by gabba »