I Fell In Love With Your Picture...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

I Fell In Love With Your Picture...

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Here's one from Burt's prime, though it hardly sounds like it -- 1965's "I Fell In Love With Your Picture", performed by Freddie & The Dreamers.
I don't believe Burt had anything to do with the production/arrangement, though. Lyrics, of course, by Hal.

Enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/6FC11C1431E5DDFF
steveo_1965

Freddie and the Dreamers - Burt Tune

Post by steveo_1965 »

Musicalsguy,

Thanks for posting this rare, and strange song....
It's an education that the same person who wrote the "close to you's" and "one less bells", etc. can also write in a completely different manner....
I wonder what the original copyright date on this tune is...it has to be "early Burt"......It must have been offered by Burt's publishing co. or Paramount's firm for Freddie to record...Did the song chart? I don't recall this one charting in America...perhaps England?

:lol:

Steveo
Last edited by steveo_1965 on Thu May 10, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
steveo_1965

Great 1966 Billy J. Kramer Single with Heavy Burt influence

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hi out there.. I am remembering a great little "Imperial Records" 45 single by Billy J. Kramer with both sides being wonderful..I don't think it charted...
the name of the tune is "It's Gotta Last Forever..a definite Bacharach styled tune replete with a featured piano part and major 7th chords...
Great stuff, even tho it was not written by Mr. B...
the flip is excellent also.."They Remind Me of You"
excellent arranging and producing by George Martin as well...
Maybe someone can post it...
Billy J. Kramer would have done justice to some of Burt's tunes,
but since he was managed by Brian Epstein, he mostly recorded
many of John Lennon and Paul McCartney's tunes...(nothin wrong with that! -a hello to Paul if you're reading this!..some great tunes, mate!)

Steveo
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

"I Fell In Love..." is from the FUN LOVIN' LP (Mercury 21061); as far as I know, it wasn't released as a single. I tried to dig around for the original copyright date but I curiously couldn't get it to come up on the ASCAP or BMI databases. Hal David does list the tune (but with no date) on his official list of compositions; I encourage everyone to check it out if only to see the number of totally unrecorded Bacharach/David songs that have been registered. (http://www.haldavid.com) I'd place my money on "I Fell In Love" indeed being early Burt, though, despite the late recording date.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Newyorkmusicals,
The thing to do is look at the sheet music,which was part of a collection I had in a song folio...
the one from famous music...I no longer have me copy, but maybe someone has this early song folio of Burt and Hal's..released only
after 1970, capitalizing on Burt's then success...
I would put my money on it being an early composition as well...

Steveo