Who Here Thinks This Is An Unusual Song?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rio

Post by Rio »

Quite enjoyable, though very different than the version of Promise Her Anything that inspired the discussion here:

I'd also mention It Doesn't Matter Anymore (more likely to be overlooked) and Always Something There To Remind Me (which I don't think fills the bill quite properly).

Do You Know To San Jose, at about 1:30 into it, leads into very powerful stuff. Rock artists only wish they could come up with something so exciting, me thinks.
Rio

Post by Rio »

LA Times
June 24, 2007

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-c ... s-features

Couch Potato: Tom Jones, whose voice and hips are going strong at 67, was all of 29 when ABC gave him his variety series, "This Is Tom Jones," in February 1969. The hourlong show featured Jones swiveling his hips to hits such as "What's New Pussycat?" and "It's Not Unusual" and welcoming big singing acts of the day. The three-disc set of the series, which arrives Tuesday, features Jones and such guest performers as Burt Bacharach, the Moody Blues, the Who, Janis Joplin, Little Richard, Steve Wonder, who performs "Uptight" with the host, and Aretha Franklin, performing "Call Me" with the Welshman. Jones also croons songs such as "Help Yourself," "Danny Boy," "Love Me Tonight," "You Came a Long Way From St. Louis" and "In the Midnight Hour."

steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Thanks, Rio for the info...I dig Jones and will probably get a copy of this DVD...thanks for letting me know it's available...

Steveo
Rio

Post by Rio »

Thanks, Steveo_1965.

A review of the DVDs:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny ... ?track=rss