Loneliness.....Remembered.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Loneliness.....Remembered.

Post by blueonblue »

A personal favorite...I first heard this song on Burt's 1970 Kraft TV
Special, where he and Dionne "rehearsed" it in the studio.....their
creative process was "staggering" !!!
..........I never forgot it !!!

"blue"
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

a unique record I never forgot either, Blue...it was the flip side to Let Me Go To Him....on the Scepter 45.

Even tho it is the standard brazilian beat, he builds it - brings it up and down.adds and removes beats ...the rhythms and arrangements
are fab and unique...the low brass is very cool at the end...

Steveo
Steve Schenck

Loneliness and Let Me Go...

Post by Steve Schenck »

What amazes me is that these 2 gems were on the same record, 2 sides of the same fabulous coin! Each has such unique, exquisite qualities, and yet they are different from one another; on first hearing, you immediately know it's Burt's work, yet they are completely original pieces, neither one sounding very much like any other particular songs of Burt's. My dream would be to be able to sit with Burt as he composes a tune, from start to finish, and orchestrates it as well. I would keep my mouth shut! But I would just want to see how his mind and creative instincts work. Maybe in the next life!... Steve
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Steve,
I agree with everything you said....it was a gem of a 45...
An excellent post, Steve !

Steveo
blueonblue

LET ME GO TO HIM......

Post by blueonblue »

Steveo, Steve,
The "other" side........pure "Genius" !!!

"blue"
Steve Schenck

Let Me Go...

Post by Steve Schenck »

Thanks, Blue! One of the greatest of the greats! Steve
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I love both these songs so much. I always couldn't wait to get my hands on the sheet music. (I'm still dying for the sheet music to At This Time which doesn't appear to be going to happen!) Let Me Go To Him might be my favorite Burt composition. I've said it before here that I believe it's Dionne's best all around produced song. I believe Burt's arrangement is as good as anything he's ever done and it shows Dionne's voice off in the best possible light. The into is my favorite Burt intro, too. The song also brings back a certain time, and that probably has a lot to do with it, too. After all, for me, pop music is the soundtrack to my life, and certain songs carry a lot of weight in my soul. This is one of them. I particularly remember getting the sheet music and can remember learning how to play it. It was VERY exciting for me to get my hands on the keyboard and produce those chords, sounds and notes.
blueonblue

in the studio....

Post by blueonblue »

The studio "rehearsal" I mentioned earlier.....
Fascinating stuff !!!

Enjoy ! :D
"blue"