Michael Ball - Back to Bacharach (new cd)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pljms

Michael Ball - Back to Bacharach (new cd)

Post by pljms »

He may not be one of my favorite singers but at least London stage star Michael Ball has had the good taste to record an album of Bacharach songs. Amongst some of the more unusual choices are 'Arthur's Theme', 'This House is Empty Now' and two songs not often sung by males, 'One less Bell to Answer' and 'You'll never get to Heaven'.
Paul
Marcel

hi pljms

Post by Marcel »

I did get the album back to BACHARACH on bittorrent!
good luck

kind regards :D
Marcel
Bruce Bernard Williams

"Back To Bacharach"'s Arrangements

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

I just finished listening to Michael Ball's "Back To Bacharach" and I feel the same way you did, pljms, when you referred to Trintje Oosterhuis' arrangement of "Don't Make Me Over" as "over-the-top" Boston Pops. Only in Michael Ball's case, the arrangements sound as if they were done by the late Lawrence Welk. I have stated in this forum once before that if Burt HIMSELF is not arranging, producing, and conducting his own compositions, I choose not to purchase the product. There are very few exceptions, such as Dusty's "The Look Of Love" and Marilyn Scott's "Let Me Be The One".