Another (fairly) new Bacharach CD by Yeongene

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

David_Noble

Another (fairly) new Bacharach CD by Yeongene

Post by David_Noble »

People may be interested in a fairly new CD of Bacharach songs performed by Gene Wang (Yeongene) and recorded in Scotland in 2006. She sounds a bit like Blossom Dearie.

The tracks are -

Lost Horizon
Paper Mache
Tower of Strength
Me Japanese Boy
Wives and Lovers
I'll Never Fall in Love Again
It Doesn't matter Anymore
Try and See It My Way
Reflections
Promise Her Anything
The Bell That Couldn't Jingle
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

I bought my copy via amazon.com from one of their associated sellers - and it soon arrived from Korea. Amazon has it now as not currently available.

My local iTunes store has one of her CD's (listed under Gene Wang) which includes "The Look of Love"

Dave Noble
(Sydney, Australia)
pljms

Yeongene

Post by pljms »

I got the album fairly cheaply on e-bay about a year ago and although I don't automatically buy every all-Bacharach album released onto the market I was interested in this because of the highly unusual song selection. I have to say her voice has to be thinnest I've ever heard commited to disc - more like how Blossom Dearie might have sounded as a young girl - and it's only the quality of the songs and the sympathetic small group arrangements that make it listenable.
Paul