I met Burt last night!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Suzklau

I met Burt last night!

Post by Suzklau »

Hi all,
I just had to share with the forum my wonderful experience last night when I went to see Burt play at the Art Centre in Melbourne, Australia. There isn't much that can come close to meeting Burt.

The concert was just fantastic. To hear the orchestra playing his music just really brought it home. I can't believe how amazing he is considering he is almost 80! The energy that he has - maybe not to the extent of his younger days - but he looked fabulous.

I have to say one of my favourite moments was when he played a medley of his first four songs including The Blob - I love that song! It so captures the fifties with the sax and that wonderful fifties beat! I didn't expect him to play that! His new piece For The Children was lovely and I look forward to getting the recording of it. I loved his Raindrops encore when we all to sing along!

Following the concert we went to the stage door (following some previous advice from Vincent - thanks Vincent) and I had the absolute pleasure to meet both Donna and John - what lovely people - totally nice. After an hour or so, finally Burt came out - he looked absolutely exhausted. I was so overwhelmed nothing came out right! But he thanked us for waiting, shook my hand and signed my program!

My life is complete!

Susan
vincent.cole

Reply: Suzklau

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Suzklau;

Well I guess after all these years, the wait was worth it to see Burt in Concert!?

Thanks for sharing your joy on the concert and finally meeting Burt!!! I hope you were able to get a photo with Burt for your archives? 8)

And yes, Donna, John & Josie are very, very nice people!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent