New Bacharach Tribute Album Due Out in June

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Andre B

New Bacharach Tribute Album Due Out in June

Post by Andre B »

I just received this from contactmusic.com:

ROD STEWART, DIONNE WARWICK and JAMES TAYLOR have teamed up with celebrated crooner STEVE TYRELL for a tribute to songwriters BURT BACHARACH and HAL DAVID.

Tyrell, who has a long history with Bacharach and David, has recorded an album of their tunes - and his famous pals feature on the classic What the World Needs Now.

The track will appear on Tyrell's Back to Bacharach, which is released in June (08) and also features collaborations with Patti Austin and Bacharach himself.

The all-star recording is for a worthy cause - all proceeds will go to the National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance (NCCRA) in remembrance of Tyrell's wife Stephanie, who lost her battle with colon cancer in 2003, and U.S. newsreader Katie Couric's late husband Jay Monahan.

Tyrell began his career in music by helping to coordinate Bacharach and David's songs for films like Alfie and Butch Cassidy + The Sundance Kid.
gabba

here it is

Post by gabba »

Alvina

Thanks Andre

Post by Alvina »

Hi,
I am so glad you posted this info about the new album. I have long been a fan of Steve Tyrell and all are great artists, so to have this with Burt's music is so great. I preordered it via www.amazon.com
Thanks again,
Alvina
pljms

Back to Bacharach

Post by pljms »

Of course, the title's not original - Michael Ball released his 'Back to Bacharach' album towards the end of last year - and it also suggests that the artist is somehow taking a retrograde step.
Paul
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

I've just listened to the Burt songs available on the website and I have to say I don't want really want to hear them twice.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Wow, nowmedical! Thanks so much for the words of positation!

we on this forum can always depend on you for the brighter side!

All The Best, Bacharachians!!!
blueonblue

New CD....

Post by blueonblue »

Sounds like a great album !!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAfdwUd ... re=related

"blue"