Downloading Bacharach on mp3

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rio

Downloading Bacharach on mp3

Post by Rio »

I have a friend to whom I'm introducing the music of BB. I'm not asking her how come she didn't know about him already or which songs she did know. In any event she's telling me by e-mail that she has just installed a new car sound and looks forward to playing Burt in it. She asked for sites from which she could download mp3 versions of his songs.

Would you help me with that? I guess I'll benefit dirctly from this too, since we pay heavy taxes on CDs and DVDs ordered from abroad.

Links could be great, but any help is welcome. (We do not -- I do not, at any rate -- have iPods. Maybe we should?)
mark
Site Admin

Re: Downloading Bacharach on mp3

Post by mark »

Apple's iTunes Music Store remains the most comprehensive source for digital music. I'm regularly amazed at how much old, obscure music I'm able to find that I never would have been able to find at any one CD store. You do however have to download Apple's iTunes application for Mac or Windows to access the store.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Alternatively, Amazon's MP3 downloads selection is pretty good as well.

I still have all my CDs (and a lot of LPs as well) but digital music has really revolutionized the way I listen to music. The first thing I do now when I buy a new CD is import it into iTunes, which I can then stream wirelessly to my home receiver and speakers via Airport Express. The sound quality is outstanding and it gives me 25,000 songs at my fingertips, which is great for those of us who have so many CDs we can never find the one we're looking for.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Does anyone know if there is a way to download songs from youtube onto an ipod or ipod-like device? The great "dibotis" has done all Dionne/Burt/Hal fans such a great service at youtube.
Rio

Post by Rio »

Mark, I'm sure your input will be very helpful. I will also look into that way of organizing song collections, as it seems just great.
Thanks so much for providing such a congenial environment for the flourishing of comradery among us.