something about "the bell that wouldn't jingle"

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

What a terrific addition this would have been to Dionne Warwick's re-released Christmas CD "My Favorite Time Of The Year" which was recorded 3+ years ago! It is one of those songs that sounds like it could have been written especially for her!
nateybird

Post by nateybird »

this song is great, i have the version from the A&M box set. but my fav christmas-y songs by burt are the ones from promises promises. christmas time is beautiful, very very beautiful!
I (heart) burt!
BachtoBacharach

Blog

Post by BachtoBacharach »

The history of the tune is here is this very interesting blog. It seems that Bobby Helms recorded this in 1965 not 1957.

http://musicyouwont.blogspot.com/2005/1 ... ingle.html
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

nateybird wrote:this song is great, i have the version from the A&M box set. but my fav christmas-y songs by burt are the ones from promises promises. christmas time is beautiful, very very beautiful!
I think the song you are referring to (from "Promises, Promises") is entitled "Christmas Day", and you're right, it's so beautiful.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Thanks for linking this song, of which I was unfamilar. But listening to it now, I can tell you that it's pure Bacharach!! And so catchy!