Steveo says we're stale????

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

Re: Steveo says we're stale????

Post by steveo_1965 »

And one of the prettiest, Dave!
I would switch instruments from piano to violin if I could get her as my teacher!
Steveo
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

steve_o1965:

You started playing the piano when you were 2 years old ?? .............. I'm really impressed!
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

well, i certianly couldnt play a bacharach tune!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

steveo_1965:
Next time you are in Del Mar, California- I'd enjoy a personal piano recital..... Years ago I would run into Burt on the beach near his summer beach house. Always wondered if he had a piano down here (never heard it!) - I should have asked him! ....... Would also be interesting to know if he ever composed any of his music while being serenaded by the surf in Del Mar.
Ron
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Ty Ron, for the generous offer to play in your home next time I'm in San Diego.
I will certainly do so, as soon as I become a "man of the world" like Burt...(travel and all).Right now Im just a "Roustabout"(reference to Elvis movie)..lol
Steveo
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Now I've "gotta" go out and buy a piano for the "Roustabout" steveo-1965; however, I'm sure it will be worthwhile ......... Anyone who started playing the piano at the tender age of "2" has "gotta" be good! .......... DID YOU HEAR THAT BURT? ............ he's "gotta" be GOOD!
Ron
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Lol Ron,
About the only thing I could play at age 2 was the sound effect on Carl Stallings Bugs Bunny score when Bugs fell off a ladder...
I believe the score was notated "hit the black and white keys together
at the same time with force for one half a beat!" "Whap!" I think I could do that at age 2.