notes from the tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

Re: notes from the tour

Post by ron hertel »

Roberto!
Thank you for posting this ... beautiful venue ... and ... so many unique interpretations of so many great songs!
Ron
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Hi Roberto .. thank you for posting this but with all due respect, it's not to my liking. So few people seem to 'lift' Burt's songs and bring them really to life. I think it's a lot to do with phrasing and timing. I thought Isaac Hayes struggled a bit as well in this respect. I thought the song you have posted was quite a laboured interpretation.. Sorry!
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

I have to agree with Gill; not my facorite interpretation by a long shot. Lacks so much but interesting nonetheless.
gabba

Post by gabba »

i cannot be more than super agree with gillandon about the rendition of the video posted by Roberto.
few people but...very few, are able to give the right emotion and the sense of timing which are necessary for this kind of repertoire.with due respect to the artist who i'm sure he tries to be professional,but has nothin' to do with the music of our Old Man.I mean,like Quincy Jones said about another fellow:He's not in the pocket!bye
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

What would be awesome would be a Karima/Trinitje tour.....
One can hope....

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.