Omg I cant believe Burt Bacharach didnt write this

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Re: Omg I cant believe Burt Bacharach didnt write this

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

The singers were Nichols himself along with Murray and Melinda Mcleod.
Nichols also wrote with Tony Asher, Brian Wilson`s lyricist for the Pet Sounds album.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Speaking of Nichols I just figured he wrote one of my fav songs of all times and didnt know it. Paul Anka's The times of your life. Figures cuz I could hear this as a Carpenters song. One of my favorite lines in any song and life lessons are in this song " memories are times that you borrow to spend when you get to tomorrow". I played this song endlessly for 2 days when my grandmother died 3 years ago. I wasnt able to visit her when she was dying and i dont know why this song was so soothing for me. This is like the perfect graduation song, wedding song, funeral song.
Blair N. Cummings

I think a lot of posters are going a little overboard here as well as on the "haunting" topic. After all, we`re not looking for forgeries here.
Nevertheless, here`s a nice Burt-inflected song from Carly Simon:
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I think a lot of posters are going a little overboard here as well as on the "haunting" topic. After all, we`re not looking for forgeries here.
Nevertheless, here`s a nice Burt-inflected song from Carly Simon:

Overboard??? Lol. Why?

That Carly Simon song gives me more of a Neil Sedaka meets Carole King vibe but I hear some Burt in there but it is most likely unintended. It sounds like workin on a groovy thing and walking in the raim amd a bit its too late.

Carly was pretty back in the day though.
Blair N. Cummings

What I meant was that we`re starting to throw in any pretty song that we like and call it "Bacharach-influenced."
I`m as guilty as anyone. Maybe we should just take a break.