Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by blueonblue »

Now here's a singer who always hits the right note................great sound !

"blue"
PS
Has there ever been a better female vocalist ?
An Enormous BB Fan

Burt lost his place!

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I think this is so funny. Click on the link below. Burt is accompanying Dionne on a 3-song medley. Go to 5:30 in this video. They're doing San Jose and at 5:30 Burt starts doing the "wo wo" part. Watch how he does two "wo wo's" on the piano and then realizes that he came in too early and then immediately stops while Dionne continued singing the next verse. Watch how Dionne gives Burt a "look" and then can't help but smile at Burt who smiles back. I'll bet no one in the audience even knew the mistake. Then, at 6:11, Burt properly comes in with the "wo wo's". If a genius like Burt can lose his place, now I don't feel so bad when I lose my place. :-)

An Enormous BB Fan

B J Thomas talks about Burt

It has been mentioned here at A House Is Not A Homepage that B J Thomas and Burt didn't quite get along. You can see here that that is definitely true. Now this would be an interesting chapter in B J Thomas' book (were he to write one). I hope Burt has more than a few words to say about their relationship in his book.

An Enormous BB Fan

Burt being interview so many decades ago

How on earth could anyone, Burt included, write out the entire arrangement of "Anyone Who Had A Heart" the day before the recording session? Oh, wait! A genius could!
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dionne Warwick in a duet with Sacha Distel: "The Girl From Ipanema/A Felicidade". Ms. Warwick, trilingually?!

Am I hearing this correctly, English, Portugese and French?? Another example of such a gifted, amazing performer, she makes it look so effortless.

BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Dionne Warwick

Rare clip of European television appearance singing (or lip-syncing) another night...campy fun with the dancers and Dionne groovin' along!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Everyone loves Burt !

"blue"
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Blue;

What Chris said is very true about loving Burt!

Thanks mon ami.

Vincent
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Rumour has it that Jimmy Webb composed this song for Dionne...but Burt said no !
Guess we'll never know ?

"blue"
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

blue:

It's not difficult to imagine Dionne performing this with a Bacharach arrangement. .... There's a bit of Burt in that Jimmy Webb composition!

While on this subject ....... there are so many songs out there by others that appear to be influenced by Bacharach - and - which could have been beautifully interpreted by Warwick. ... The forum addressed this as a topic some time ago!
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

JW was obviously influenced by Burt but knew he had no access to Dionne in `67. This was just a beautiful homage. Often overlooked as a melodist because mostly regarded as a rock performer is Todd Rundgren. I could list dozens of songs influenced by Burt, but here`s a lovely (very early) example:
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

You're "right on" Blair! ........ Perhaps this is a subject that should be re-introduced on the forum. ......... It has the potential for expanding our personal musical horizons and broadening our appreciation for what others - who have obviously been influenced by Burt - have to offer! ....... I think you could do a great job of setting the stage for this as a "New Topic" for discussion.
Ron
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Ron, Blair,
Burt Bacharach's influence on popular music has been massive !
Here's another one, the list is endless...........................

"blue"
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

The above, of course, was another melody by the criminally forgotten Roger Nichols (as was "Hard To Say Goodbye". Here`s another:
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Play it again Sam..........

"blue"