very pleased!!!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gabba

very pleased!!!

Post by gabba »

i 'm very pleased and satisfied... Burt is going to perform again in Italy...
Let me tell you american music lovers in general and fans of the Maestro:
unfortunately for us here in our country,(my opinion of course)we don't have the same level of artists and musicians...you have really the luck to enjoy this beautiiful art...probably also for the ethnical differences who mixed together lead to such a wonderful happening of sound!!!
Proud to be an italian i think (for our long history heritage)we should deserve more about it...and in this case...WELCOME BACK BURT!!!
p.s:thanks Mark to keep alive this forum

Burt in Italy in July 2006

Post by Guest »

Dear Mark, and dear Armando Gabba,
Hello,it's Mario Serra from Rome,thanks a lot for the tips of information you are giving on the Maestro's 2006 italian tour. It's very complicated to get complete information regarding dates, cities,sites of the tour.
I contacted ,the Auditorium-Parco della Musica,where Burt peformed in 2004, but they told me,that up to now they had no news or notice of any prefomance by the Maestro. They told me to ask them again in april.
What a mess. Could anybody near to Burt's management organization,provide us with exaustie accurate and complete informations on the events?
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi Mario,

I've asked Burt's publicist to confirm the date listed on the Ravenna Festival website as well as any additional European concert dates. They're checking on it and will get back to me. I'll post something here as soon as I find out.
gabba

Post by gabba »

Hello Mario,
it will be my pleasure to give addictional informations soonest!
meanwhile i shake your hand strongly..GABBA
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Gabba and Mario,

Despite the concert being listed on the Ravenna Festival website, Burt's people tell me that confirmation of the Ravenna date is still pending, as is confirmation of several other European dates this summer.

Keep you fingers crossed! I'll post something here as soon as I find out they're confirmed.
gabba

Post by gabba »

let's "say a little prayer" for us....
mario serra

Wishing & hoping

Post by mario serra »

Thank you Mark for keeping us always up to date on our one and only Maestro,composer preformer.I sincerely wish and hope he and his group will be in Italy,again next summer.Let me repeat that I hope and look forward to enjoy the event in Rome.