Burt and the Oscars

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Steve Schenck

Burt and the Oscars

Post by Steve Schenck »

Does anyone know - Does Burt get invited to the big post-Oscar parties? Would he go if he did? In reading reviews of the awards show and its aftermath, I never see his name mentioned. He seems like a most likely invitee, having won many awards and contributed to so many films. Although, I get the impression that with his new family, he's not keen on getting around much anymore, apart from his concert appearances.
bonkersforburt

Post by bonkersforburt »

careful steve....when you speculate about anything personal around here they tell you to shut up.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

I'm certain that if Burt was interested in attending any of the major awards programs - he would be seated in the orchestra section on the main floor of whatever venue they were being held. In light of the fact that Burt has been in the position of being both a nominee and recipient of numerous awards over the past 40 years - I would further speculate that he would rather see those who are up for the current awards and those close to them in the prime seats for these ceremonies. He recently proved himself the "class act" that he is by attending that portion of the Grammy Awards that was not taped for prime time television. A "WINNER" by any measure! Congratulations Burt!
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

"bonkers", if that´s referring to me saying "oh shut up" regarding the question about which college burt´s son christopher attends, we´re just not on the same wavelength.

you don´t think that in light of all the hate-mail we had here regarding "at this time" and burt singin on that cd "...a son in college...i worry all the time" that question by an anonymous poster can be seen as threatening???