Burts Houston concerts-tickets went on sale today

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

MissYvonne

Burts Houston concerts-tickets went on sale today

Post by MissYvonne »

Hi Gang, This morning I went to the Jones Hall Box Office to get tickets for Burts perfomances in Houston early October, it was the first day that tickets went on sale to the public. THis is a great venue, and there are still very good seats available. I encourage of those of you interested to come to Houston for a week-end; in addition to seeing the Maestro, you could easily fill a few days with some other interesting activities, great food, and it's a fairly affordable city to visit. Just a thought, just to tempt any "stradding the fence!"
FK

Post by FK »

Miss Yvonne,

I was there for the May 2003 Concert.

It was a great weekend. The Charley's 517 Restaurant, close to Jones Hall, was a great choice after the Concert.

Best regards.
FK
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

I am very excited about this concert series. I am new to Houston, and am curious about these performances with the Houston Symphony, they have a "robust" Pops season scheduled. I saw BB at BBKings in April, very intimate and fun show, this will be very different. The maestro specifically mentioned these performances with the Houston Symphony and seemed very enthusiastic about these concerts! If any comes for them, let me know, we can share drinks before, during intermission, and possibly after the show!