here i am

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gabba

here i am

Post by gabba »

gabba

again

Post by gabba »

gabba

Burt condudting Marlene?

Post by gabba »

is it our Man conducting Marlene here?

gabba

Bette Midler with Burt

Post by gabba »

Tv show with Bette Midler and Burt

An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Thanks, gabba, great stuff!!

I'm pretty sure that's Burt with Marlene because she said that she wouldn't do shows without him. Marlene was a legend even then... now imagine how great you'd have to be to get the job as conductor for her!!

The only thing I noticed was that Burt kept his hands a lot lower while conducting for her (in that clip) than he does when conducting for himself... his hand so way up. But this is understandable in that he didn't want any focus on himself while conducting for her.

There's a biography out recently about Marlene. I need to check it out because I'm sure Burt is mentioned. Those days travelling with her must have been something quite interesting to read about.
gabba

video

Post by gabba »

BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

gabba,

Thank you very much for these videos. I love watching footage of Burt back from the 70's. It's the only way I can actually live "the moment" since I wasnt going to be born until 1985. Once again, many thanks for sharing these videos with us. Take care.

BB4LIFE