A song 25 years old, but still beautiful all these years!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

A song 25 years old, but still beautiful all these years!

Post by Marcel »

Listen to Dionne singing this song live in Japan in 2001!
The heartbreaking and wonderful gem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-gC2mr-A54

Kind Regards Marcel :D
Steve Schenck

lower key?

Post by Steve Schenck »

She is always great! But to be honest, I don't know why she doesn't do some of the songs in a lower key, now that her range has diminished a bit, or her vocal chords just weakened a bit for the upper notes. It's clear that she can't easily hit the higher notes, and sometimes re-phrases portions to do them an octave lower. I love this lady, and she has nothing to apolgoize for, but I just don't get why they don't have her sing in a more comfortable range.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Sterling Performance

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanks Marcel for sharing that link with us. Dionne sounded better than ever! Her voice, phrasing, and enunciation were all in top form! She just simply blew me away with that performance. I am looking forward to her new gospel CD (the one she mentioned on her website) knowing that we fans are in for another treat. As I stated before, I am hoping that she will do a CD of new Burt/Hal material and that it's recorded digitally. I asked a question regarding just that on a Q & A segment of David Nathan's SoulMusic.com site and Dionne answered that it's a possibility that such CD will be made, however, no mention of Concord's plans to record it digitally. I prefer digitally recorded material as opposed to analog recordings and wish the record companies would display the Spars Code (AAD, ADD, DAD, DDD) on each and every product that is released. [/i]