Oh Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Suzklau

Oh Burt

Post by Suzklau »

I can't believe I will be finally getting to see Burt in about 3 weeks now. I was a very little girl when my mum introduced his music to me (still have the vinyl LP). She passed away just over Christmas. She was one year older than Burt. I would love to be able to share this story with Burt - I hope I get to meet him. I will certainly be trying!

Cheers & Happy New Year to all
BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hello there,

I'm excited and happy that you be able to see Burt very soon. I got to see him for my first time in November of 2006 and it was an absolute thrill. I also hoped that I would get the chance meet him after the show. And after waiting a little while outside the stage door after the show was over, he finally came out and talked with me and the others who had been waiting for him. I'd say that if you have patience and just keep hoping that you will get the chance to meet him, you probably will. I really do hope that you get to meet him so you can tell him your story. I am sure he will be very touched by it and appreciate you telling him. I'll be hoping that all goes very well for you. Good luck and look forward to hearing about your experience in three weeks time. Of course only if you feel like sharing your story with us, no pressure :D . But just to possibly pump you up and get you prepared, you can read my story on page 7 of this forum, titled "I got to meet Burt : )." It was a night that I will never forget. Take care and happy new year to you as well.

BB4LIFE