Prelude to Steve Tyrell’s ‘Back to Bacharach’ CD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Prelude to Steve Tyrell’s ‘Back to Bacharach’ CD

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour To all;

My wife & I attend a Steve Tyrell concert @ the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank New Jersey. This was on Friday, May 16, 2008.

It was the 1st time for me seeing Steve in concert. One of the reasons I went was to hear Steve do some of his songs from his new CD, ‘Back to Bacharach.’ Well Steve did not let me down! I was very impressive with Steve’s vocal talents!

During the 2 hour show Steve sang the standards from Frank Sinatra, Cole Porter & others.

Steve took a few minutes out from the show to talk about how fortune he was to be in the right place @ the right time! Steve told the audience as a 19 year old young man how he worked @ Scepter Records in the 60’s.

Steve talked very glowingly about Burt & Hal in that time period! Steve indicated if it wasn’t for Burt & Hal, he would not have a singing career today!

Then Steve segues into the following Burt & Hal Classics song book that, Dionne Warwick made most of them famous!

1. ‘Walk On By’.
2. ‘Closer To You’
3. ‘This Guy Is In Love With You’
4. ‘One Less Bell To Answer’
5. ‘I’ll Say A Little Prayer’

I just can’t wait to hear the new CD, ‘Back To Bacharach!’

Just an aside. Steve will be playing @ the famous ‘Carlyle Room’ in New York City in December 2008. The tickets are about $175.00 not counting dinner!
Take care;

Vincent