Berklee honors Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Berklee honors Burt

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

From: http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/arti ... 11/?page=3

"What do you get when you fall in love?
Berklee (College of Music) paid tribute to Burt Bacharach Sunday night, as students, faculty, and alums performed some of the silver-haired songwriter's swinging tunes. Bacharach, who received an honorary doctorate from Berklee boss Roger Brown, told the crowd he wrote the lyrics to "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" in Boston, while being treated for pneumonia at Mass. General Hospital. The Grammy winner then sat at the piano and performed "Alfie" to a rapt audience. Separately, Berklee alum Paula Cole, backed by a 44-piece orchestra, crooned a few Bacharach numbers, including "Walk on By," "The Look of Love," and "I Say a Little Prayer."

I do not believe that Burt told the crowd that he wrote the lyrics to "I'll Never Fall in Love Again". Anyway, I'm very happy that that prominent music college recognizes Burt's contribution to music. It's too bad the Kennedy Center people are so remiss.
steveo_1965

Re: Berklee honors Burt

Post by steveo_1965 »

Thank you for the great news! May I be the first to congratulate you on the forum, Dr. Bacharach!
Steveo
Rio

Re: Berklee honors Burt

Post by Rio »

I'm a big Enourmous fan, but I totally disagree with him on this Kennedy Center thing.

IMO, the time to care about this is long gone; the neglect now only reflects on the award.