Burt Live in Antwerpen + Brand New Song!!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Werner

Burt Live in Antwerpen + Brand New Song!!

Post by Werner »

Burt Played in Antwerpen, Belgium yesterday and played a brand new song, titled 'every other hour'. it was truly a great track; a bit of a mixture between 'One less bell' and 'Fallin out of love'', a great soulfull ballad! The concert was fantastic; i had tears in my eyes seeing Burt peform live!
Werner from Groningen, The Netherlands, Europe.
PS: i noticed once again during the show that i think it is a real shame that the 'at this time' tracks have the drumloops; without them they could have been much more Bacharachian tracks.
vincent.cole

Re: Burt Live in Antwerpen + Brand New Song!!

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Werner;

Thanks for sharing your joy of the concert!! :D
Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I think that "Every Other Hour" (or "Come In Ogni Ora", which is the Italian version which was linked to youtube here) is one of Burt's best song ever! Thank God that Burt's genius never ends! His creativity is absolutely astounding! Burt has to be the most driven songwriter of all time. (And that's a good thing!)
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

I couldn't agree with you more, Enormous! I stated in an earlier post that I have been a devout fan of Burt's for 50 years and out of all of his compositions, "Every Other Hour" is absolutely my favorite! I am hoping that someone (Dionne preferably) would record it digitally (DDD) so that I could play it over and over like I used to play her 45 of "Walk On By". Does anyone know of any plans for a studio recording that would be released soon?
Burtelich

Post by Burtelich »

Thank you Werner - I was there too in Antwerp.. Saw Burt in concert for the first time, and met up with him again after having searched for a way of renewing the conctact we had in the 60s for 40!!! years. Due to my daughter Cordelia, she got throught to a publist last year when I had a serious birthday. I picked up the thread and was successful. Went backstage to see Burt and his tour manager - they even called me on my cell phone the day before, to make sure we would meet up.

The concert was beautiful and we all loved every minute. Three extremely young guys sat next to my sister and me they were all dreaming away to the music, old and new favorites. The three singers, Donna Taylor, Josie Jones and John Pagano were absolutely fantastic, and Burt ... dear, dear Burt Mr BB, my favorite and musical hero and saint through most of my adult life were just ourstanding. And good looking as always and he even seem shy as he did when we first met at Tivoli, Copenhagen where he was with Marlene Dietrich in '64.

I felt very emotional, but did not break down and cry - maybe because I knew I would see Burt after the show - until Burt played the first bars of 'Only Love can break a Heart' . I simply adored Gene Pitney too. And when Burt played the real old stuff 'Magic Moment' and 'The Story of my life', I was recalling when I was very young - about 10 - singing these songs in the Danish translation, not caring one moment about who wrote these beautiful songs.

So my dream of 40 years came true last Thursday - where do I go now? Thank you Burt, for being there, playing your wonderful songs, and being part of my life the last more than 45 years. Your ARE SIMPLY THE GREATEST!!!