New Bacharach Early years CD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

robbieindart

New Bacharach Early years CD

Post by robbieindart »

A new Early Years Bacharach cd will be coming out by the end of this month. It covers the years 1959-1965.

Check out this link!

http://www.rarerockinrecords.com/shop/t ... -1965.html

Best Regards,
Rob
vincent.cole

Re: New Bacharach Early years CD

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Rob;

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to add this to my Burt collection!
Take care;

Vincent
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

What a find! This disc contains more truly obscure rarities than even the exemplary Ace or El compilations we've been gifted with recently...This is sensational, sensational news...I've never heard of the record label, but they certainly have done their homework on Burt!! I can finally replace some of my scratchy transfers from 45s, and acquire a number of cover recordings completely unknown to me, too. Bravo, Rare Rockin' Records; I'll report back as soon as I receive this one!

Joe
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Has anyone been able to pre-order this CD from the website? I keep trying, and it knocks me back when I am about halfway through ordering - also tried the PayPal link, but that doesn't seem to work either - do you think it might be available from amazon later?
Looks excellent, by the way - loads of rare tracks, never before available!
Alistair

Update: I contacted the website and told them I was having problems - and they have amended the front page - adding a PayPal link there - but only for the Bacharach CD! I did manage to order one - can't wait to receive it (by the way it is an Australian website).

Link below:
http://www.rarerockinrecords.com/
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I had a hell of a time with it even after they supposedly fixed my account. Ultimately,I ordered the album via e-mail and am awaiting confirmation.
I thought it might have been my own security program that was screwing it up; I`m relieved to know I wasn`t the only one having difficulty.
rarerockinrecords

Post by rarerockinrecords »

Hi Bacharach lovers,

Firstly, We want to thank everyone for the great Interest created on our anticipated new release "Rare Bacharach - The Early Years 1958-1965". We understand there have been a few issues with trying to make an order in the online shop. We are hoping the following will help clear this up -

To make an order you have to actually Register with the shop...( We have had some trying to purchase without first registering with the shop, this is the first major point). This require just a few details such as name and address etc. This is a Once off, so once you have registered you just log in. Once you have added a product(s) to the shopping cart, you need to click on CHECKOUT, But please DO NOT click on the PAYPAL checkout button, for some reason this is seemingly causing all the issues .. If you follow these rules the order will proceed correctly and note that by clicking the default CHECKOUT button you will stay get to pay via Paypal etc, it's just the actual paypal checkout button is corrupting with our servers.. Our technical team are looking into this of course but if you follow the above rules it should be fine..

Alternatively, for ease of use for the Bacharach Fans, We Have ADDED A BUY IT NOW PAYPAL button on the core site (Bottom on the left hand side) which allows you to ONLY purchase the RARE BACHARACH CD, But this may be the easiest way in the short term as it takes you directly to paypal and you can purchase quickly and efficiently.

http://www.rarerockinrecords.com

I sincerely hope this helps and the team at Rare Rockin' Records apologise for any confusion with this technical issue. Please be assured our team work around the clock and will answer any questions you may have so feel free to email us. We are still on track for July 31 Release Date. We will advise with any developments re the release and/ or shop Issues.

Thanks and kind Regards,
Customer Support
Rare Rockin' Records
Sydney-Australia
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

My CD arrived here in Scotland today - haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but the layout, design and quality of the booklet and CD looks superb!
I have transferred the tracks to my Iphone, and will be listening to it on the bus commute into Edinburgh tomorrow. Always great to have more (and new) Bacharach songs to hear....
Alistair
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Has anybody else received their copy yet? I'm curious about the length of time for shipping to the US. I just ordered mine, and will be waiting daily with bated breath for its arrival from Australia to our shores! :-) One can never have too many Bacharach rarities compilations, and this one looks to have some truly genuine rarities!

Joe
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I receved my copy today. Let me say that, as glad as I am to have recordings of these songs, I doubt that I (or anyone else) will spend many hours listening to them.
I made it all the way to track #27 (out of a total of 32) before I remembered why I ordred this thing in the first place.
The chorus of "Who`s Got the Action" sounds like Burt.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Thanks for the info, Blair. Indeed, that's the best part of listening to early Burt. By his own admission, many of his early works are minor, but when there's a chord progression or a melody or just a quirk of orchestration that brings to mind his future, more well-known work, there's a definite "Aha!" moment...i.e. the chorus to "Who's Got The Action", the flugelhorn intro to "Rain In The Skies", the loping piano part in "That's The Way I'll Come To You", or the Latin beat of "Saturday Night In Tia Juana"...all pure (if not-yet-fully-developed!) Bacharach, just to name a few! :-)