Dr. Bacharach

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

Dr. Bacharach

Post by steveo_1965 »

Do you think Dr. Bacharach( I assume he has received an honorary
docotrate bestowed upon him at some point in time)would be open to
teaching at a songwriting seminar or songwriting clinic at some college in the future?
It would be a pretty cool thing!
STeveo
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Dr. Bacharach

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

If he did, I'd be the first one to sign up! Imagine having Burt, the greatest songwriter EVER, as your teacher!

I have a feeling that he wouldn't do it and I'll tell you why. Lawsuits. Burt is stil, THANK GOD!, a vibrant and active composer. I don't believe that he can put himself in the position of listening to other songwriters' music for fear that one of them might accuse him of ripping off their material. This is just a total guess on my part. What do you think of this, considering how people sue one another these days?
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Well, if he hadnt thot of that he will now!
lol
I don't know that that would a great concern, but possibly!
food for thot.
Steveo
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Somewhere on the net there is a video of Burt teaching a small group of young adults: discussing his style and the reasons for doing what he does... he holds them spellbound. I think it was recorded about the time "Painted from Memory" was released... I could be wrong. I tried to find it but was not successful

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

That would be great to see! Hope someone un-earths that clip.
Steveo
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

In the notes for the CD The Rare Bacharach 1, the author Glenn A Baker says - "In 1999 I had the extraordinary good fortune to observe him at both work and play in Havana, Cuba, during a songwriting workshop called Music Bridge." and then he goes on to detail some of his experiences with Burt at the workshop.

Dave
Enrique Barrueco

Post by Enrique Barrueco »

Yes, I remember this. Bacharach recorded two lessons in a page called Rehearsals. It was after At this Time. Rehearsal censored the two lessons because Bacharach spoke about his feelings about Bush, the song Who are these People, the recording, and much more.

Rehearsals never explain why they killed the two Bacharach´s lessons. What happened to them?

Enrique