CDs of interest...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

CDs of interest...

Post by nymusicalsguy »

The steady flow of Bacharach keeps on comin'...

Tomorrow sees the release of the second volume of music from the TV series GLEE...this one features cast member Amber Riley doing "Don't Make Me Over" with an arrangement that pays close homage to Burt's original.

Across the pond, Jasmine has just released JACK JONES: THIS COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING, which rounds up all of his Capitol output (6 singles, A & B sides; and 1 album) on one CD. Most of these songs are making their CD debuts, including Burt & Hal's early collaboration "Make Room For The Joy." This is a highly enjoyable disc...now if only someone would get around to his Kapp catalog and a few more as-yet-unreleased-on-CD Burt songs ("Pick Up The Pieces" and "That's The Way I'll Come To You" among them.)

Finally, a few countries over in the Netherlands, Traincha has apparently released a 2-disc live set of her Burt concert with the Metropole Orchestra. This is available in CD, DVD & Blu-Ray formats. I haven't picked this one up yet, but it's high on my Must-Buy List!

The Burt bonanza continues....enjoy!

Joe
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: CDs of interest...

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I'm only familiar with Traincha because of youtube. And I really love her singing. She's a very special singer. And she absolutely loves Burt and his music. And she does such a great job with it, too. And you can see how thrilled she is to be singing while Burt himself is at the piano and leading his orchestra. That would be the dream of any Burt fan who is a singer, isn't it?

Just another reason why I can't live without youtube.... and Burt's music!!
Fussi

Re: CDs of interest...

Post by Fussi »

She really has an incredible voice, and she is a very beautiful woman.