Go with love

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

MexicanDivorce

Go with love

Post by MexicanDivorce »

Another high emontional ballad perfromed by Dionne with so much perfection. In my opinion this ballad is very underated. In my opinion it´s a very intersing song in the Music, first you have a feeling like a jazz walz when you hear it like "What the world needs now", but only in the intro, then you have a feeling like a clock change in the song. I have never seen the notes but in other tunes you have often a clock change in the song like "Anyone who had a heart".
Presenting Cissy Houston
vocals on "Mexican Divorce" by Cissy Houston
steveo_1965

Re: Go with love

Post by steveo_1965 »

Another emotional song which Burt wrings out with the high strings and high girls
choir in the backround...magnificent..I like feeling this emotional haze...
on the part "Go with love....

Steveo
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

I never heard this song. It's one of those few titles that I run across now and then, and which I can't recall hearing. Ditto for "The Beginning of Loneliness." I've searched both songs on YouTube but can't find them. If anyone out there has the means of posting links to these songs, I'd greatly appreciate it! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It's hot as hell here in the northeast, but thankfully, today it's a dry heat and pretty pleasant. steve
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Steve Schenck;

Will I see you this Saturday, July 24, 2010 @ Snug Harbor, to see the show, 'Back To Bacharach And David?
Take care;

Vincent
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

Unfortunately Vincent, no. I am pastor in a large church and have been asked to cover for another clergyman in the town who is sick. So I can't go. But I would love a full report!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Steve Schenck;

Sorry that you can't make the show! But there are things more paramount in life!

I will be, 'Jimmy Olsen' and have a full report for the forum!
Take care;

Vincent