B J Thomas

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

B J Thomas

Post by ron hertel »

His name surfaces occasionally on this forum .......... just saw B J perform "Raindrops" on live television - his voice? ... virtually unchanged at the age of 68. B J will be performing in New York City on November 26th @ The City Winery! ....... Same is true for Elton John - Saw him perform 2 weeks ago at the Hollywood Palladium along with Leon Russell sounding as good as he did back in 1970. ... a 3 hour concert with no intermission that included solo sets by Leon and Elton plus they jointly performed all 14 tracks from their just released CD - "The Union"
steveo_1965

Re: B J Thomas

Post by steveo_1965 »

BJ was in my neck of the woods on Nov 13 (Citrus College,Los ANgeles area) to do an oldies concert with Chuck Negron(3 Dog Knight) and a revisionist version of the 5th dimension.....
whoever those members are)
Didnt attend, but I know hes touring.....
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

ron hertel wrote:His name surfaces occasionally on this forum .......... just saw B J perform "Raindrops" on live television"
Did you see him on Letterman? He sat in with the band one day last week and he was just wonderful. He could easily be my favorite male singer of all time. His voice, like Dionne's, is a unique and stupendous instrument.

But it upset me that Letterman didn't give him time to sing on the actual show. He was with the band and he sang in and out of the commercials. So the studio audience got to hear him, but the television viewers only got bits and pieces. Letterman should have given him a spot on the show! Pissed me off!
Bill Minnick

Post by Bill Minnick »

JR

Post by JR »

I always get a kick out of this one

vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Bill & JR;

Thanks for posting this great song!