Josie James' new CD, "That Jazz"

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Josie James' new CD, "That Jazz"

Post by vincent.cole »

1st we had John Pagano’s, “Pure Imagination”, now we have Josie James’ new CD called, “That Jazz!”

I down loaded it from ITunes and enjoyed it very, very much!!!

All us her on this forum, know what type of voice Josie James has! I believe her CD; will be out very soon on Amazon and other sites! How refreshing to hear a true artist today!

I hope Josie will tour in 2013 to show case her new CD!

Take care;

Vincent
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Josie James' new CD, "That Jazz"

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Bonjour Monsieur Cole! Thanks for the info about Josie. Are there any Bacharach compositions/arrangements/productions in this set? I would be more apt to purchase the CD if there were, just like John's "Pure Imagination". It's been awhile since we've heard something that has been composed, arranged, AND produced by the Maestro and am anticipating such! I more than likely will purchase the CD anyway because she is, as you stated, real talented and I could stand to hear some great vocals instead of these so-called singers of today that utilizes the hell out of Vocoders. I sure miss hearing great female vocalists such as Linda Tillery, Brenda Holloway, Nancy Wilson, Esther Satterfield, and Bonnie Bramlett just to name a few. Long live the CD!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Monsieur Bruce Bernard Williams;

I don't believe any of the songs by Josie has any arrangement that I can detect from Burt Bacharach.

"Anyone Who Had A Heart", is not a arrangement by Burt. Josie indicated her version of this song will be in 2013.

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Jeanne

Post by Jeanne »

Hi Vince!

When it comes to Burt Bacharach and his talented performers, I can always count on you for their most recent developments. Thank you so much for delivering the fabulous news regarding Josie James' new CD, 'That Jazz'. Ms. James has an incredibly powerful voice as is evident in her rendition of "Anyone Who Had a Heart".

I look forward to the release of her new CD and wish Ms. James all the best.

Kind regards,
Jeanne
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

The problem with Josie James singing "anyone who had a heart" is that it is the song of an unloved woman... Ms. James is as awesome in person as she is on stage.... Anyone who has a brain could see that she's not the type to be dumped....
:-) Merry Christmas and a happy "End of the World" to you all.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.