Hal David

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Hal David

Post by vincent.cole »

The great Hal David!

What a wonderful man he was!!!

Take care;

Vincent
ron hertel

Re: Hal David

Post by ron hertel »

… Too bad that Hal never (at least none that I'm aware of) made a cameo concert appearance with Burt or Dionne! …. His vocals along with Burt's would have resulted in a standing ovation! ….. Although I've met and spent time with Burt and Dionne - never had the pleasure of meeting Hal.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I mentioned here a few years back that when I was working on Central Park South I used to see Hal walk by (walk ON by? -sorry) every day. This, I believe, was during his tenure as president of ASCAP. Since my occupation at the time found me regularly dealing with the well-known and well-heeled, I didn`t think much of it. In retrospect, I probably should have taken the time to acknowledge and thank such a genuinely nice guy and unassuming "celebrity".
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

A very Great man indeed.....R.I.P. Hal.

"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I've written this before here: One of my big regrets is when I saw Hal walking on Central Park West with another gentleman. I was across the street and I couldn't believe it: There was Hal David!! My regret is not having the nerve to cross the street and just tell him how much I loved his songs and tell him what a genius he is. Had he been walking alone, I'm sure I would have gone over to him. Oh well,..I'll just have to live with this regret. Hal may have departed, but his songs will live on forever and forever!

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I mentioned here a few years back that when I was working on Central Park South I used to see Hal walk by (walk ON by? -sorry) every day. This, I believe, was during his tenure as president of ASCAP. Since my occupation at the time found me regularly dealing with the well-known and well-heeled, I didn`t think much of it. In retrospect, I probably should have taken the time to acknowledge and thank such a genuinely nice guy and unassuming "celebrity".