I just have to breath

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Suzklau

I just have to breath

Post by Suzklau »

Hello, I am new to the forum but not new to the wonderful music of Burt Bacharach! I am married and have four children and we live in Australia.

My question is in regard to the song (apparently written for Dionne) 'I just have to breath'. When was this song written and on what album can it be found. I heard on the Tribute DVD in the Royal Albert Hall.

Thanks.
Susan
whatsitallabout

Post by whatsitallabout »

the song "i just have to breathe" is from Dionne's first Warner Brothers albom released in 1971 and titled DIONNE it has never been released on CD "yet" but we are hoping RHINO HANDMADE who have relesed quite a few of Dionne's Sceptre albums on CD recently will also be releasing this CD in the near future ....but you can find the track on the TEISH O'DAY album COMMITMENT released on "liberty" EMI UK in 2000 she is the girl who sang the song at the B&B Tribute concert.
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Dionne's version is on a 1997 WEA Japan compilation called "Sweet Bacharach Heaven". The sound on that album is generally great. It also contains for example the Everly Brothers doing "Trains And Boats And Planes", Ella's version of "What Do You Get When You Fall In Love" and Tiny Tim's take on "What The World Needs Now".
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

OMG!! I hope I never have the displeasure of hearing Tiny Tim singing ANYTHING by Burt Bacharach, let alone "What The World Needs Now Is Love". Even the genius of Burt Bacharach's music would not be immune from the destructive qualities of that man's "voice"!

I hope Burt & Hal never hear it!

LOL!!!!
KeithBurke

Dionne's I Just Have To Breath

Post by KeithBurke »

Here's a link to Dionne's I Just Have To Breath.

LINK: http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TMI ... T6EL53XZ95
Suzklau

Post by Suzklau »

Hi Keith, I just wanted to say thank you very much for posting this link. It is such a beautiful song. I had all but given up on hearing it with Dionne singing it.
KeithBurke

You're Welcome

Post by KeithBurke »

As Hal David once wrote...Share The Joy.
Elizabeth

"Dionne" on CD

Post by Elizabeth »

The album "Dionne" is out on CD. It's an Ambassador Soul Classics release from 2005. This album is a real gem, with a beautifully balanced range of emotions running through it. I'm happy to see there are so many fans of "I Just Have to Breathe" - it's hard to beat for beauty and subtlety.