Burt at Number 9 in Britain

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

Burt at Number 9 in Britain

Post by someonenameddavid »

In the __all-time played charts___ as reported by the BBC, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7996979.stm we have....... "Magic Moments" as sung by Perry Como....

The Beatles didn't make it in the top ten, number 1 was Procol Harum "Whiter Shade of Pale" 2 was Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody"
(Ten wheels on my Wagon was 3,141,596,257, "Peggy's in the Pantry was 10000000000000000000000000000000003)

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
pljms

Re: Burt at Number 9 in Britain

Post by pljms »

It's funny but it seems Three Wheels on my Wagon has acquired another seven wheels. "Ten Wheels on my wagon but I'm still rolling along....." doesn't really sound right, does it? Joking aside, if this list had been compiled in the late 60s The New Christy Minstrels recording of Three Wheels on my Wagon might actually have been placed surprisingly high, so often was it played on British radio around that time.

When I look at the list of the most played records in the UK these past 75 years I'm surprised by how many I'd be happy never to hear again, including the Beatles' highest placed recording Hello Goodbye. As for Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, I'd walk ten miles in tight shoes to avoid hearing that again.
Paul
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I enjoyed Dave's post....
regarding "Hello, Goodbye, by The Beatles...
I am a big fan of theirs, BUT.....I HATE this Song!
lol
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I'm sorry my friends, but that list just doesn't seem believable to me. The whole list strikes me as very odd. Who else here feels the same way and is not buying it?
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

For me the only real surprises here are actually Perry Como and the Everly Brothers. "Angels", "Love Is All Around You", "Dancing Queen", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" would have been my blind picks.