Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by blueonblue »

...........just magic !!! :D

"blue"
Rio

Post by Rio »

South American Getaway B. Bacharach 12 cellos da filarmónica de Berlim.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3buJfM7-CA
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Dionne Warwick arranged and produced "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" for the 1965 film Thunderball...in what John Barry called one of the most interesting arrangements of the tune he had ever heard. Warwick's recording of Kiss Bang was removed from the film at the last minute and replaced with Tom Jones' Thunderball...rumor has it that the tune was considered to have sexual connotations unacceptible to an American audience...but the truth is that Barry was not impressed with a version of the tune recorded by Shirley Bassey and asked Warwick to cut the tune. Warwick arranged and wrote the charts for her version and also assembled the orchestra to record the tune. When Bassey threatened to sue, the tune was scrapped and the more routine Tom Jones tune was quickly wrtten and substituted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oREmbGD84Kw
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

I remember seeing Will performing this beautiful song with Burt in Liverpool in July 2002
........wonderful memories !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcZLCWVFDY

"blue"
PS
Elvis Costello also appeared.........what a night that was !!!
pljms

Post by pljms »

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for 'Fool Me Again' from 'Arthur The Album', one of the better Bacharach/Bayer Sager songs. Here's Nicolette Larson lip-synching to the record on TV in 1981.

Paul
Bacharachian

Post by Bacharachian »

Another demo track in the series "A Journey Through Dionnes Discography"

"Who is Gonna Love Me"

pljms

Post by pljms »

I can't be bothered to wade through all the videos posted here to check if Marilyn Michaels' 'Don't Count the Days' has been posted here before, so here it is. I actually prefer the recording by Sandi and Salli because it's far less frantic, but, alas, it has yet to be posted on YouTube. Warning - adjust your volume first as it's very, very loud:

Paul
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Bacharachian;

One of Dionne's greatest songs!!!

No one, and I mean no one can sing this song like Dionne!!!

Thanks for posting.

Take care;

Vincent
Bacharachian

Post by Bacharachian »

Greetings Vincent!

I wholeheartedly agree! Are there any other artists that have covered this gem? I wish Dionne would do more of these songs in concert for us. It's one of the reasons I decided to do this project. Her catalog is so rich with incredibly beautiful and passionate love songs. It would be wonderful to hear her reading of it in 2010.

Best,
Mark
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Mark;

What female singer today, would even dare to venture to sing that song?!
There will never be another Dionne Warwick or anyone who could master the song book of Burt Bacharach and Hal David!!!

To my knowledge, I don’t think any other singer has sung, “Who Is Gonna Love Me Now!” If there is, I would love to hear their version. You also have to remember, Burt’s arrangements are just heavenly on this song!!! I don’t think the Angel Gabriel, could blow a better horn on this song!!!

All of the Dionne Concerts I have gone to (45 years and counting) I have never heard her sing, “Who Is Gonna Love Me Now!”

Take care;

Vincent
Steve Schenck

Post by Steve Schenck »

I'm grateful for the post of Marilyn Michael's version of the song. I don't think I'd ever heard it before. How can we hear Dionne's version? Is it on CD anywhere? Couldn't find it on YouTube. It's a terrific piece! That unique Bacharach ability to take lyrics to places you'd least expect, but to do so memorably and with such inventive styling. I love the ending with the slightly jazzy trombone(?) in the mix.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

As far as I know, Dionne never recorded this. If she did, it was never released. I Iooked for the Lawrence Welk duo Sandi and Sally version on You Tube but it wasn`t there. There`s no other recording listed in Serene Dominic`s discography.
Bacharachian

Post by Bacharachian »

Another demo track in my Series- "A Journey Through Dionne's Discography," a Personal Tribute to the Rare Gems in Her Catalog.

This has always been one of my favorite Dionne tracks from her album "Here Where There Is Love." It doesn't come close to the artistry that is Dionne, but it's from the heart. Burt and Hal were truly at the top of their game when they produced this song for her. I still get chills and goosebumps when I listen to it...

blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Just heard this track on Brian Matthew's "Sounds Of The Sixties"
Not "Burt" related........just a great song !
There were hints of the "Dusty Sound" still to come.........

"blue"
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Surreal !!!
............catchy tune !

"blue"