2011 San Diego Symphony Summer Pops / Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

2011 San Diego Symphony Summer Pops / Burt

Post by ron hertel »

If you are planning a visit to Southern California this summer - you may wish to note that Burt's annual performance is scheduled for Sunday, August 7th. ........... Did anyone see his February 14th SOLD OUT show at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach CA ???
heartlight

Re: 2011 San Diego Symphony Summer Pops / Burt

Post by heartlight »

Thank you, Ron, for announcing the date for Burt's performance in S.D. this summer; another concert to anticipate...did you hear that, Alvina ???

And yes, I attended the show at the Belly Up on Valentine's Day...
AS always, Burt and his stellar core group were fabulous...even with a change within this core group: I don't know if it's permanent or temporary but that night the keyboard player and drummer were new. And the drummer was Vinnie Pagano...John's brother...who did an exceptional job !
Being in an intimate venue like that made it all the more enjoyable. Burt was in great spirits, very engaging with the audience. Physically he seemed to have improved since last August when he had his comeback (post-surgery) appearance at the S.D. Pops.
Laura, sorry I missed seeing you there; I only read your post after the concert took place. Remember we met last August at the Pops ?

Thanks again, Ron, and please keep us posted if you get any further concert info.
Best,
Barbara
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Barbara:

At this time (no pun intended) full and partial "season tickets" for the Summer Pops are being sold. I'll attempt to let everyone know when single tickets go on sale for specific concerts.
Pleased to hear you enjoyed the intimacy of the Belly Up performance. That venue is "very very intimate"!

Ron
Laura

Post by Laura »

My husband and I plan to attend the San Diego Symphony concert on Aug. 7. He has agreed to go since my birthday is Aug 9. We don't have our tickets yet though. Barbara, hope to see you and Alvina there again!

Laura
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

Hi Laura,

What a nice birthday present for you !!
Yes, I certainly plan to attend and maybe we can convince Alvina to come to San Diego, too.

'til then take care,
Barbara
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Barbara;

It's always great to know that true Burt Bacharach fans attend his concerts!

I hope Alvina can make the trek to see Burt in August with you!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

Nice to hear from you, Vincent..
and both Alvina and I are hoping a concert will pop up which you will be able to attend as well.
I know it's been toooo long without one for you !
Stay well,
B
taylorsummer

Post by taylorsummer »

I cant wait for the concert this week! I still have yet to book a San Diego Hotel for it yet though :/ cant anyone suggest some good ones that might be close/cheap?? Thanks and cant wait to see it!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

You may wish to check out: hotwire.com ... or ... priceline.com The venue is in downtown San Diego and you can choose the area you would like to be in. Both sites give you the option to select a specific hotel or select one based on location and star rating.
Charlieluc1968

Post by Charlieluc1968 »

taylorsummer wrote:I cant wait for the concert this week! I still have yet to find some San Diego Discount Hotels for it yet though :/ cant anyone suggest some good ones that might be close/cheap?? Thanks and cant wait to see it!
Hi Taylor, if you are looking to find some great rates for San Diego Hotel Reservations I suggest you try this site out. I booked a room through the site a few months ago in San Diego and was really happy with the deals that were presented. Hope this helps!
-Charlie
edall

Post by edall »

Charlieluc1968 wrote: Hi Taylor, if you are looking to find some great rates for San Diego Hotel Reservations I suggest you try this site out. I booked a room through the site a few months ago in San Diego and was really happy with the deals that were presented. Hope this helps!
-Charlie
________
What a great recommendation! I love San Diego and I love deals so I am certain to love what you recommended.
Many thanks!

Edward
edall

Post by edall »

edall wrote:
Charlieluc1968 wrote: Hi Taylor, if you are looking to find some great rates for San Diego Bahia Hotel and/or Welk Resort San Diego. I suggest you try this site out. I booked a room through the site a few months ago in San Diego and was really happy with the deals that were presented. Hope this helps!
-Charlie
________
Some amazing deals are to be found there.
Thank you, Charlie.... for the hot tips!

Edward