Burt's Italian tourneè

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

cipus

Burt's Italian tourneè

Post by cipus »

There are times in everyone's life, where you will find a moment of immense joy, the resolution of all the mundane problems of your everyday life. Today is the moment! Burt returns to Italy! The official dates: 4 July in Rome - Caracalla, July in Milan, July 8 (unconfirmed) in Aosta, July 10 in Lucca and July 12 in Tao...rmina! But the beauty is now ....... MARIO BIONDI open for 50 minutes, then 5 songs with Burt and finally an hour and a quarter of a concert of Burt Bacharach and his marvellous band! You passed out ..... it's all true ... trust me! Members of the Fan Club is now time to unearth the hatchet and get everyone in the field! Our flag still run through the streets of Italy! Greetings from Italy to everybody!

Claudio
drfeufeu

Re: Burt's Italian tourneè

Post by drfeufeu »

Hi !

You're so lucky !

And what about France Tour ? some informations ?

Thanks
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

I spoke to Ms. Eliza and she is very excited..
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Claudio,

Do you know the concert hall names for the Italy tour?

Laura
someonenameddavid

The Rome concert appears to be at the Caracalla baths
Lucca is ( I think) in the piazza of the town
Taormina on Sicily is the one you should hock the family silver for as it is set in an ancient Greek amphitheatre in an exquisite (and expensive) resort on the south coast of Sicily near the Straits of Messina. Burt and the band were scheduled five years ago but Italy won the world cup and the entire country got drunk so the tour was prematurely foreshortened. If I could afford it I would take my wife: alas doctors' pay is not what it used to be

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

I'm there - Taormina is indeed devine in summer, and Lucca is a mini-Florence if you know what I mean.

But... I can't find confirmation of any of these concerts on the internet - does anyone have any more information????
someonenameddavid

I can happily confirm that , barring illness, the tour will be as originally posted (I was sitting next to someone when she got the text__woohoo_)
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

David,
I have looked back through all your posts over the years and you give the impression of knowing more than you reveal. Are you Burt using a pseudonym? Who is the lady who is pleased :D :mrgreen:
someonenameddavid

Alas, no, I am not Burt...
My daughter carries the stage name of Eliza James, and she plays violin on stage when Burt doesn't have a full orchestra (or there is some other house rule). She also plays with P.Diddy, Pink and other notables. On the serious side she has been in orchestras with Michael Tilson-Thomas, Kent Nagano and John Williams. She has worked with Randy Newman and Limp Bizkit... You can "friend" her on facebook.

Sometimes I hint at stuff I know because I don't want to get her in to trouble with Burt's organization, but it's good to try to keep this group going.

Of all the people she's ever worked with, Burt has been the kindest, classiest, most consistent, most organized, dependable, honest, professional, decent, pays well...

And the music business is just not like Burt.

Regards, David
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Oh that's wonderful, but you've let the secret out!

I've seen your daughter in Rome (the night of the storm); very professional she was too considering she was the entire string section for an artist whose soaring strings are a trademark.

Thanks to you I can now book my flights to Pisa in July.

Best wishes
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

David:
How proud you must be of your accomplished daughter! ........ Refreshing to hear her positive characterization of Burt in contrast to what we've been hearing about Dionne!
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Hello Ron. Yes all positive for Burt which is super but why does Dionne get so much stick? She's fabulous and have you heard her new Sammy Kahn CD. Marvellous! Brave new material brilliantly done. All successful women singers seem at some stage to get dished the dirt where as men seem to sail through without a blemish. Interesting thought.