what does everyone think of this Burt tune?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Steve Schenck

what does everyone think of this Burt tune?

Post by Steve Schenck »

Someone posted this earlier. It's not my favorite, but the more I listen, the more I like it. Typical enough for Burt's work. What do you all think of it? I'd love to hear it fully orchestrated and with some backround vocals in it.

Steve Schenck

Re: what does everyone think of this Burt tune?

Post by Steve Schenck »

Sorry! I put the wrong link on that! Here it is:

Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I think it`g terrific. In fact, I posted it some time back with great enthusiasm for her as a songwriter in her own right. She recently parted from Columbia Records which was showing no interest in releasing her album. She has since signed with an indie (the name of which escapes me at the moment) that will release it on June 7. I`m not sure if "Pennies..." is still the title track.
She`s opening for Train at Webster Hall thisWednesday and interested listeners can hear it webcast on origins.com at 8:00 pm.
She`s beautiful and the only new artist I`ve heard in decades that arouses any enthusiasm in me at all
(No, I don`t know her)..
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

She is a singer! There are so few of those around these days. The tune is teriffic! I detest the "divas" of the past 10 years or so who so embellish a tune with their vocal trickery and gimmick that the tune is lost in translation. So many of these female singers sound so interchangable lately that I don't even bother with them. Give me this tune or anything Rumer sings...they hark back to the days when singers like Dionne and Dusty SANG a song, not butchered it. Just my 2 cents worth.
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Wow! Thanks for that .. isn't she lovely? And masterfully coping with whst I imagine is quite a difficult song to sing.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

This "could" ... rather "SHOULD" ... be the start of "SOMETHING BIG"! ..... A "best new artist" Grammy Nominee???
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Although the release date for her album is now July 12, here`s the title song/single(?)
http://on.fb.me/jGJgol